Video Contest Workshop
In the Video Contest Workshop, the participants are asked to design, shoot, edit for a given time and then show a short video on a specific topic, that can be connected to a taught subject or other more transversal things (eg. ‘values of the university/company’…), which are communicated beforehand by the staff.
Mychangemeter® and video editing tools (free or not – e.g. Premiere or similar).
- Timing: the workshop lasts 2 hours and takes place in the opening day of the course;
- Numbers: 100 participants, splitted into 4 groups of 25, but still with plenary activities all together;
- Team: one external trainer/teacher + 4 facilitators (with no specific skills, so they can be ‘simple assistants);
- Media: the students are asked to design, shoot, edit and then show a short video on specific topics, which are communicated beforehand by the staff;
- Goal: engagement into the learning path they are going to undertake in the following years (it’s a sort of an introductory workshop);
The assessment is done using a digital tool (Mychangemeter®, proprietary) developed by the consultant company hired to lead the workshop.
There is also the opportunity to assess without that specific tool, maybe only with smaller groups of participants, doing it by direct observation, peer review and providing feedback.
Our Project Objective
eLene4Life supports curriculum innovation in higher education (HE) through the development of active learning approaches for transversal skills, with the ultimate aim of improving students’ employability.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
This project No. 2018-1-FR01-KA203-047829 has been funded by Erasmus + programme of the European Union.